Frequently Asked Questions
Can I suspend my membership for a year?
Short answer…no. This is not an option. If you will not be returning the following year, please tender your membership (see below and note the ‘priority waiting list’ information).
What is the Bond Tender Procedure?
If you intend to tender your membership with the swim club, you need to submit your original bond and a letter stating your desire to tender to the pool PO Box.
If you cannot locate your original bond, please contact us and request an affidavit that you will then have notarized and return in place of the actual bond.
While appreciated, a phone call alone will not formally tender your bond membership. Your tender will be effective the date it is received by the Membership Chairperson. To avoid Tender Penalties, please consult the schedule of tender dates and fees:
- Bonds tendered by March 15th: no late fee
- Bonds tendered 3/16 to 3/31: $50 late fee
- Bonds tendered 4/1 to 4/15: $200 late fee
- Bonds tendered after 4/15: bond is forfeited, no refund given
PLEASE NOTE: Upon tendering your bond, all members have the right to request to be placed on the ‘priority waiting list’ for up to two seasons. In order to be enrolled on the waiting list, your request must be received in writing, along with your original bond or affidavit to the Membership Chairperson care of the Swim Club PO Box. Due to the tax season, bonds will generally be sent out sometime after April 15th.
How do “Guest Passes” work?
Entry into the pool will be strictly enforced. Members must present their valid membership card on each occasion that they enter the pool facility. Guest passes must be presented by the Ben Franklin Swim Club Member as they accompany their guest into the pool. Guest passes may not be purchased by non-members.
Guests must be accompanied at all times by an adult member (15 years and older). Any Junior Guest, ages 10-14, must be accompanied by an adult member (15 years and up) who must remain at the facility as long as the guest is present.
Guest passes can be ordered on your Dues Invoice Sheet or at the guard desk once the pool opens and must be purchased by check only.
What exactly is a ‘Babysitter Pass’ and how do I order one?
A babysitter (grandparent, au pair, nanny, non-family teenager) brings your child(ren) aged 14 and younger to the pool.
Can I use a guest pass instead of a babysitter pass?
- Children 14 and under are not permitted to sponsor a guest. Babysitters must be 15 years or older and proof may be required. Guest passes cannot be accepted for babysitters.
Can my babysitter bring a friend/my children’s friend to the pool?
- Babysitters may not sponsor a guest; therefore, a babysitter may not bring any guest to the pool with the child(ren) they are babysitting.
- Babysitter passes are available to purchase through the Membership Chairperson for a fee of $50. Contact our Membership Chairperson here.
- The pass belongs to the member family and may be used by more than one babysitter. Babysitter passes must be renewed each year. If you have a pass from last year, please hold onto it. When payment is received, the pass will receive a validation sticker. Purchase by check only!
What is a BenBucks Card?
BenBucks cards are used in place of cash or the old pizza card. It is a punch card used to purchase ice cream, soda, snacks and other items that we will have for sale at the Snack Shack. BenBucks cards don’t expire year to year unless they were given as a promotional item and/or have an expiration date written on it.
BenBucks cards can be ordered on your Dues Invoice Sheet or at the guard desk once the pool opens and must be purchased by check only.