Sometimes emails are flagged as “Promotional”. To ensure these emails go to your “Inbox” instead of a “Promotional” or “Spam” folder, follow these instructions. If all else fails, please email email@example.com with some information and someone will get back to you.
- Go to Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses
- Click Create a New Filter
- Fill in the criteria for moving items to your Primary tab. Criteria should be “From: firstname.lastname@example.org” and then click Create Filter with This Search
- Check the Categorize As box and select Personal from the dropdown box beside it
- Check the box for Also Apply Filter to [x] Matching Messages
- Click Create Filter
- Voila! Now the messages that are important to you will be sent to your Primary tab instead of Promotions